Tuesday, May 22, 2012

a story

I made the comment to my love tonight that we had such an amazing story that we'd be crazy not to share it.  He responded with, "I've been waiting for you to admit that you have a story to tell..".

No secrets, I was floored.

Me, have a story? Yeah right.

Truth is, I do..it is a story that is penned by Christ.  I am His "character". 

The best part about "my story" is that it is one that never ends.  The Lord doesn't experience 'writer's block', He doesn't wait around for something to strike an idea in His mind.  He knows exactly what's going to happen from moment to moment in my life and He's constantly letting those words flow.

I want more than ever to acknowledge that He is the author of my story. 

Christ is not only writing me the most amazing story, but he's writing me a beautiful love story while He's at it.  Yes, a love story that includes the man I want to spend the rest of my life with, but it's so much more than that.

I am falling in love...

with my Lord all over again.

I thanked my love today for saving my life.  He said nine words that will forever be burned into my mind.

"Jesus saved your life..I was just the instrument."

The Lord is using this man to help write this beautiful and intricate story. He is indeed the instrument for Christ.  And he's so willing to be that.

The love of my life has helped me realize that I am not writing this story.  He has been a constant reminder of the greatness of my author.  And when I forget that I am the main character, he is there to remind me.

One day I hope to see the pages of "my story" clear enough to share, but for now, I'm enjoying the attention and love from our amazing Father in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment